References for research studies that have used the SF-MPQ-2
Note: Bibliographic references provided by the authors
1. Agarwal N, Joshi M. Effectiveness of amitriptyline and lamotrigine in traumatic spinal cord injury-induced neuropathic pain: a randomized longitudinal comparative study. Spinal Cord 2016 Aug 16.
2. Aguila ME, Rebbeck T, Leaver AM, Lagopoulos J, Brennan PC, Hübscher M, Refshauge KM. The association between clinical characteristics of migraine and brain GABA levels: an exploratory study. J Pain 2016 Jun 29; 17:1058-67.
3. Baygutalp F, Baygutalp NK, Seferoglu B, Ozturk N, Bakan E, Melikoglu MA, Ugur M, Altas EU. Serum Interleukin-23 levels and relationship with clinical symptoms of fibromyalgia syndrome. PARIPEX-Indian Journal of Research. 2016 May 4;5(4).
4. Bean DJ, Johnson MH, Heiss-Dunlop W, Kydd RR. Factors associated with disability and sick leave in early complex regional pain syndrome type-1. Clin J Pain 2016;32:130-8.
5. Evans HM, Howe PR, Wong RH. Clinical evaluation of effects of chronic Resveratrol supplementation on cerebrovascular function, cognition, mood, physical function and general well-being in postmenopausal women—rationale and study design. Nutrients. 2016;8:150.
6. Johannsen M, O’Connor M, O’Toole MS, Jensen AB, Højris I, Zachariae R. Efficacy of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy on late post-treatment pain in women treated for primary breast cancer: a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2016 Jun 20:JCO650770.
7. Konstantatos AH, Howard W, Story D, Mok LY, Boyd D, Chan MT. A randomised controlled trial of peri‐operative pregabalin vs. placebo for video‐assisted thoracoscopic surgery. Anaesthesia. 2016;71:192-7.
8. Li XM, Yang JT, Hou Y, Yang Y, Qin BG, Fu G, Gu LQ. Donor-side morbidity after contralateral C-7 nerve transfer: results at a minimum of 6 months after surgery. J Neurosurg 2016;124:1434-41.
9. MacLeod N, Kelly C, Stobo J, McMahon L, Taggart D, Fallon M, Laird BJ. Pain in malignant pleural mesothelioma: a prospective characterization study. Pain Med 2016 Apr 26:pnw061.
10. Meng H, Hanlon JG, Katznelson R, Ghanekar A, McGilvray I, Clarke H. The prescription of medical cannabis by a transitional pain service to wean a patient with complex pain from opioid use following liver transplantation: a case report. Can J Anesth 2016;63:307-10.
11. Murray D, Hardiman O, Campion A, Vance R, Horgan F, Meldrum D. The effects of a home-based arm ergometry exercise programme on physical fitness, fatigue and activity in Polio survivors: A randomised controlled trial. Clin Rehabil 2016 Aug 16:0269215516661225.
12. Smith SM, Amtmann D, Askew RL, Gewandter JS, Hunsinger M, Jensen MP, McDermott MP, Patel KV, Williams M, Bacci ED, Burke LB. Pain intensity rating training: results from an exploratory study of the ACTTION PROTECCT system. Pain. 2016;157:1056-64.
13. Turner KV, Moreton BM, Walsh DA, Lincoln NB. Reliability and responsiveness of measures of pain in people with osteoarthritis of the knee: a psychometric evaluation. Disabil Rehabil. 2016 Mar 28:1-8.
14. Vuilleumier PH, Dinges E, Ciliberto C, Ortner CM, Zarutskie P, Landau R. Hormonal and clinical predictors for post–egg retrieval pain in women undergoing assisted reproductive technology procedures. Clin J Pain. 2016;32:313-20.
1. Alam M, Geisler A, Sadhwani D, Goyal A, Poon E, Nodzenski M, Schaeffer MR, Tung R, Minkis K. Effect of needle size on pain perception in patients treated with Botulinum Toxin Type A injections: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Dermatology. 2015;151:1194-9.
2. Aradillas E, Schwartzman RJ, Grothusen JR, Goebel A, Alexander GM. Plasma exchange therapy in patients with complex regional pain syndrome. Pain Physician 2015;18:383-94.
3. Bazargan M, Yazdanshenas H, Gordon D, Orum G. Pain in community-dwelling elderly African Americans. J Aging Health. 2015 Jun 26:0898264315592600.
4. Bean DJ, Johnson MH, Heiss‐Dunlop W, Kydd RR. Extent of recovery in the first 12 months of complex regional pain syndrome type‐1: A prospective study. Eur J Pain 2015 Oct 1.
5. Bean DJ, Johnson MH, Heiss-Dunlop W, Lee AC, Kydd RR. Do psychological factors influence recovery from complex regional pain syndrome type 1? A prospective study. Pain. 2015;156:2310-8.
6. Costa M, Marshman LA. Sex life and the Oswestry Disability Index. Spine J. 2015;15:1225-32.
7. Dworkin RH, Turk DC, Trudeau JJ, Benson C, Biondi DM, Katz NP, Kim M. Validation of the Short-form McGill Pain Questionnaire-2 (SF-MPQ-2) in acute low back pain. J Pain. 2015;16:357-66.
8. Kachooei AR, Ebrahimzadeh MH, Erfani-Sayyar R, Salehi M, Salimi E, Razi S. Short Form-McGill Pain Questionnaire-2 (SF-MPQ-2): a cross-cultural adaptation and validation study of the Persian version in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Arch Bone Jt Surg 2015;3:45.
9. Li XM, Yang Y, Hou Y, Yang JT, Qin BG, Fu G, Gu LQ. Diagnostic accuracy of three sensory tests for diagnosis of sensory disturbances. J Reconstr Microsurg 2015;31:067-73.
10. Meize-Grochowski R, Shuster G, Boursaw B, DuVal M, Murray-Krezan C, Schrader R, Smith BW, Herman CJ, Prasad A. Mindfulness meditation in older adults with postherpetic neuralgia: a randomized controlled pilot study. Geriatr Nurs 2015;36:154-60.
11. Seenan C, McSwiggan S, Roche PA, Tan CW, Mercer T, Belch JJ. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation improves walking performance in patients with Intermittent claudication. J Cardiovascular Nurs. 2015 May 7.
12. Seiryte A, Rusconi E. The Empathy Quotient (EQ) predicts perceived strength of bodily illusions and illusion-related sensations of pain. Personality and Individual Differences. 2015;77:112-7.
13. Stearns V, Blackford A, Kessler J, Sbaity E, Habibi M, Khouri N, Lee CS, May E, Jeter S, Sahebi C, Shehata C. Diagnostic accuracy of sentinel node identification is maintained with the addition of local lidocaine and subareolar radioactive colloid injection. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 2015;150:589-95.
14. Treister R, O'Neil K, Downs HM, Oaklander AL. Validation of the composite autonomic symptom scale 31 (COMPASS‐31) in patients with and without small fiber polyneuropathy. Eur J Neurol 2015;22:1124-30.
15. Trevelyan EG, Turner WA, Robinson N. Acupuncture for the treatment of phantom limb pain in lower limb amputees: study protocol for a randomized controlled feasibility trial. Trials 2015;16(1):1.
16. Turk DC, Dworkin RH, Trudeau JJ, Benson C, Biondi DM, Katz NP, Kim M. Validation of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale in patients with acute low back pain. J Pain. 2015;16:1012-21.
17. Winemaker M, de Beer J, MacIntyre N. The extent to which three different pain measures represent the pain experience of people with knee osteoarthritis. J Bone Reports & Recommendations. 2015;1(1):3.
1. Corey R, Naderer OJ, O'Riordan WD, Dumont E, Jones LS, Kurtinecz M, Zhu JZ. Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of GSK1322322 in the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infection. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2014 Aug 18:AAC-03360.
2. Gauthier LR, Young A, Dworkin RH, Rodin G, Zimmermann C, Warr D, Librach SL, Moore M, Shepherd FA, Riddell RP, Macpherson A, Melzack R, Gagliese L, Validation of the Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire-2 in Younger and Older People with Cancer Pain. J Pain2014;15:756-70.
3. Goebel A, Shenker N, Padfield N, Shoukrey K, McCabe C, Serpell M, Sanders M, Murphy C, Ejibe A, Milligan H, Kelly J. Low-dose intravenous immunoglobulin treatment for complex regional pain syndrome (LIPS): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2014;15(1):1.
4. Jarrell J, Ross S, Robert M, Wood S, Tang S, Stephanson K, Giamberardino MA. Prediction of postoperative pain after gynecologic laparoscopy for nonacute pelvic pain. Am J Obstetr Gynecol 2014;211:360-e1.
5. Maruo T, Nakae A, Maeda L, Shi K, Takahashi K, Morris S, Hosomi K, Kanatani H, Matsuzaki T, Saitoh Y. Validity, Reliability, and assessment sensitivity of the Japanese Version of the Short‐ Form McGill Pain Questionnaire 2 in Japanese patients with neuropathic and non‐neuropathic pain. Pain Med 2014;15:1930-7.
6. Ortner CM, Turk DC, Theodore BR, Siaulys MM, Bollag LA, Landau R. The Short-form McGill Pain Questionnaire 2 to evaluate persistent pain and surgery related symptoms in healthy women undergoing a planned Cesarean delivery. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2014;39:478-86.
7. Pak N, Devcich DA, Johnson MH, Merry AF. Is refractory angina pectoris a form of chronic pain? A comparison of two patient groups receiving spinal cord stimulation therapy. New Zealand Med Jl (Online). 2014 Mar 28;127(1391).
8. Rabe T, Ahrendt HJ, Albring C, Bitzer J, Bouchard P, Cirkel U, Egarter C, König K, Harlfinger W, Matzko M, Mueck AO. Ulipristal acetate for symptomatic uterine fibroids and myoma-related hypermenorrhea joint statement by the German Society for Gynecological. Reproductive Endocrinol 2014:61-3.
9. Rash JA, Campbell TS. The effect of intranasal oxytocin administration on acute cold pressor pain: a placebo-controlled, double-blind, within-participants crossover investigation. Psychosom Med 2014;76:422-9.
10. Rice ASC, Dworkin RH, McCarthy TD, (...), Desem N, Raff M. EMA401, an orally administered highly selective angiotensin II type 2 receptor antagonist, as a novel treatment for postherpetic neuralgia: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 clinical trial. Lancet 2014; 383(9929):1637-47.
11. Vinik A, Rosenstock J, Sharma U, Feins K, Hsu C, Merante D. Efficacy and safety of Mirogabalin (DS-5565) for the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-and active comparator–controlled, adaptive proof-of-concept phase 2 study. Diabetes Care 2014;37:3253-61.
1. Biondi D, Xiang J, Benson C, Etropolski M, Moskovitz B, Rauschkolb C. Tapentadol immediate release versus oxycodone immediate release for treatment of acute low back pain. Pain Physician 2013;16:E237-E246.
2. Borckardt JJ, Reeves ST, Kotlowski P, (...), Madan A, George MS. Fast left prefrontal rTMS reduces post-gastric bypass surgery pain: findings from a large-scale, double-blind, sham-controlled clinical trial. Brain Stimulation 2013;7:42-8.
3. Clarke H, Kirkham KR, Orser BA, (...), Ma M, Katz J. Gabapentin reduces preoperative anxiety and pain catastrophizing in highly anxious patients prior to major surgery: a blinded randomized placebo-controlled trial. Can J Anesth 2013;60:432-43.
4. Grbović V, Jurišić-Škevin A, Đukić A, Petrović M, Zdravković-Petrović N. Effects of physical therapy on electrodiagnostic parameters and quality of life of patients with distal symmetric sensorimotor diabetic polyneuropathy. Medicinski časopis. 2013;47:173-8.
5. Jensen MP, Johnson LE, Gertz KJ, Galer BS, Gammaitoni AR. The words patients use to describe chronic pain: implications for measuring pain quality. Pain 2013;154:2722-8.
6. Landau R, Bollag L, Ortner C. Chronic pain after childbirth. Int J Obstetr Anesth 2013;22:133-45.
7. Suzan E, Eisenberg E, Treister R, Haddad M, Pud D. A negative correlation between hyperalgesia and analgesia in patients with chronic radicular pain: is hydromorphone therapy a double-edged sword? Pain Physician 2013;16:65-76.
8. Zhang L, Rainka M, Freeman R, Harden RN, Bell CF, Chen C, Graff O, (...), McClung C. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to assess the efficacy and safety of gabapentin enacarbil in subjects with neuropathic pain associated with postherpetic neuralgia (PXN110748). J Pain 2013;14:590-603.
1. Adelmanesh F, Jalali A, Attarian H, Farahani B, Ketabchi SM, Arvantaj A, Raissi GR. Reliability, validity, and sensitivity measures of expanded and revise version of the Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ-2) in Iranian patients with neuropathic and non-neuropathic pain. Pain Medicine 2012;13:1631-8.
2. Baxter HJ, Johnson MH, Bean D. Efficacy of a character strengths and gratitude intervention for people with chronic back pain. Aust J Rehabil Counsel 2012;18:135-47.
3. Bollag L, Richebe P, Siaulys M, Ortner CM, Gofeld M, Landau R. Effect of transversus abdominis plane block with and without clonidine on post-cesarean delivery wound hyperalgesia and pain. Pain Med 2012;13:1631-6.
4. Jain G, Bansal P, Ahmad B, Singh D, Yadav G. Effect of the perioperative infusion of dexmedetomidine on chronic pain after breast surgery. Indian J Palliative Care 2012;18:45-51
5. Lovejoy TI, Turk DC, Morasaco BJ. Evaluation of the psychometric properties of the revised Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ-2). J Pain, 2012;13:1250-7.
6. Murray D, Meldrum D, Moloney R, Campion A, Horgan F, Hardiman O. The effects of a home-based arm ergometry exercise programme on physical fitness, fatigue and activity in polio survivors: protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMC Neurology 2012;12 , art. no. 157.
7. Rabe T, Ahrendt H, Albring C, Bitzer J, Bouchard P, Cirkel U, Egarter C, (...), De Wilde RL. Ulipristalacetat bei symptomatischem uterus myomatosus und bei myombedingter hypermenorrhoe | [Ulipristal acetate in patients with symptomatic uterine leiomyoma and menorrhagia]. Journal fur Reproduktionsmedizin und Endokrinologie 2012;9:106-26.
8. Rowbotham MC, Arslanian A, Nothaft W, Duan WR, Best AE, Pritchett Y, Zhou Q, Stacey BR. Efficacy and safety of the α 4β 2 neuronal nicotinic receptor agonist ABT-894 in patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain. Pain 2012;153:862-8.
9. Tanhaee Z, Fathi-Ashtiani A, Amini M, Vahedi H, Shaghaghi F. Validation of a revised version of the short-form Mc-gill pain questionnaire (SF-MPQ-2) for IBS patients. Govaresh 2012;17:91-7.
1. Curtis K, Osadchuk A, Katz J. An eight-week yoga intervention is associated with improvements in pain, psychological functioning and mindfulness, and changes in cortisol levels in women with fibromyalgia. J Pain Res 2011;4:189-201.
2. Linl C-P, KupperAE, Gammaitoni AR, Galer BS, Jensen MP. Frequency of chronic pain descriptors: implications for assessment of pain quality. Eur J Pain 2011;15:628-33.
3. Lu Q, Uysal A, Teo I. Need satisfaction and catastrophizing: Explaining the relationship among emotional ambivalence, pain, and depressive symptoms. J Health Psychol 2011;16:819-27.
4. McDonald M, Ktenas S, Turner S, Yoon BS, Maljanek M, Wilson DC. Thoracic pain: an observational study of chiropractic treatment on pain and wellbeing within a student setting. Chiropractic Journal of Australia 2011;41:57.
5. Riva P, Wirth JH, Williams KD. The consequences of pain: the social and physical pain overlap on psychological responses. Eur J Social Psychol 2011;41:681-7.
6. Uysal A, Lu Q. Is self-concealment associated with acute and chronic pain? Health Psychol 2011;30:606-14.
1. Uysal A, Lu Q. Self-handicapping and pain catastrophizing. Personality and Individual Differences 2010;49:502-5.
1. Dworkin RH, Turk DC, Revicki DA, Harding G, Coyne KS, Peirce-Sandner S, Bhagwat D, Everton D, Burke LB, Cowan P, Farrar JT, Hertz S, Max MB, Rappaport BA, Melzack R. Development and initial validation of an expanded and revised version of the Short-form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ-2). Pain, 2009;144:35-42.
2. Gauthier LR, Rodin G, Zimmermann C, Warr D, Moore M, Shepherd F, Gagliese L. Acceptance of pain: a study in patients with advanced cancer. Pain 2009;143:147-54.